Statement of Purpose
The rules and regulations contained herein are governed by the International Footbag Committee (IFC) of the International Footbag Players' Association, Inc. (IFPA), a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit corporation. The IFC is comprised of select footbag players and authorities from around the world. The function of this committee is to control the direction of the sport's growth through the construction of rules for the various footbag games played in competition.
The following are the general goals of the IFC:
- To promote and encourage the cooperative spirit of footbag games.
- To promote footbag throughout the world and encourage the establishment of new footbag clubs and/or associations, advising them of footbag activities and general management.
- To achieve acceptance of footbag as a legitimate competitive sport.
- To provide a forum for the discussion of all aspects of play, and to arbitrate when conflicts arise.
- To establish and uphold a tournament standard for all footbag competition worldwide.
- Peace through play.