The Mattel Sports World Footbag Championships are the "Super Bowl of Footbag" -- the largest
footbag event in the world.
An electronic PRESS RELEASE describing the
results of this event is available.
See the detailed coverage of this event in the post-Worlds issue of
This event was also covered in detail on The Learning Channel on their
program entitled Amazing America. Copies are available
on request from the World Footbag Association.
Click here to find out about the next World Championships.
You can view all of the RESULTS of this event by
We will be adding a collection of pictures from this event, taken by our
staff photographers, as soon as they are available (so check back).
The 1995 Mattel Sports World Footbag Championships will be held in Menlo
Park and San Francisco, California. A preliminary
schedule is below. (Click here for a detailed player's schedule.)
Preliminary rounds and semifinals (July 31-August 5) will take place
at the Burgess Park facility in beautiful Menlo Park, California. FInals will
be held on August 6 in Peacock Meadow of the world famous Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.
If you are interested in entering this year's event, print out, complete, and mail in the
ENTRY FORM as soon as possible.
If you are coming, consider getting pledges for the Cystic Fibrosis Kick-A-Thon by filling
out the enclosed PLEDGE SHEET.
1995 Mattel Sports World Footbag Championships
July 31-August 5: Burgess Park, Alma St. behind 501 Laurel St., Menlo Park, CA
August 6: Peacock Meadow, Golden Gate Park, 1 block E. of Conservatory of Flowers
- July 31 (Monday): Registration and consecutives events
- August 1 (Tuesday): Singles Net preliminary rounds
- August 2 (Wednesday): Mixed Doubles Net preliminary rounds
- August 3 (Thursday): Freestyle preliminary rounds (in gym)
- August 4 (Friday): Doubles Net prelims / Freestyle Semifinals (in gym)
Semifinals, August 5 (Saturday)
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Net Semifinals
- 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.: Freestyle FINALS - in gym
Finals, August 6 (Sunday)
- 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Net FINALS - in Golden Gate Park
- 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.: Awards Ceremony and dinner at Spanky's in Redwood City
The final PLAYER'S SCHEDULE is available.
For more information, contact the
Bay Area Footbag Foundation by sending
e-mail to email@example.com, or
by calling the footbag HOTLINE at (415) 308-KICK.
If you're interested in results from
last year's spectacular event, check out the 1994 World Footbag Championships.
Footbag WorldWide footbag information service,