I am an avid freestyle footbag player,
and the founder of the Footbag League of Orange County (FLOC).
A Brief History of Shesha...
I was born in Canada (Ontario) on Oct. 9, 1977. I was raised from age 4 until
age 10 in the Hare Krishna Movement, in New Vrindavana, an ISKCON farm community
in northern West Virginia.
At 10, I moved to Berkeley, California for a year, and then to
Southern California where I now reside. I am now an English major at
Cal State Fullerton.
The Shesha FAQ:
Here are the most common questions put to me:
- How do you pronounce your name?
- Okay. It's not "shee'-sha", but rather "shay'-sha".
- What does your name mean?
- Shesha Naga is a Hindu demi-god depicted as a thousand-hooded
serpent. Vishnu, the Vaishnava Hindu supreme being, sits in
the coils of Shesha Naga.
- What's the deal with the necklace?
- The necklace is made of a sacred wood called "Tulsi", and associates me
with the Hindu religion. It's similar to wearing a cross in Christianity.
- Do you still practice Hinduism?
- Yes, and no. I believe in the basic philosophy taught in
Hinduism, but I am no longer religious.
I definitely believe in the Kama Sutra.
- Do you smoke pot?
- Heck no. I don't smoke anything, and I don't drink alcohol.
- Are you still a vegetarian?
- Yup. I've never had meat, and I never will.
- So what are you into?
- I work at "King of Cups", a coffee house in Fullerton.
- I am really into footbag;
it is my chosen sport.
- I love Ska, Swing, and dancing. Heck yeah!
- I am a frequent Chess player.
- I like girls a whole lot, especially Carrie, Joy, and Chris.
- I have an Apple Macintosh. Macs rule.