FOOTBAG WORLDWIDE : Forum :

footbag.org :: View topic - New IFPA membership structure proposal
footbag.org Forum Index footbag.org
The real footbag forum.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New IFPA membership structure proposal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    footbag.org Forum Index -> General IFPA Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy OWheel (owheelj)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad - You can join the ifpa via credit card by choosing the pay pal option - you don't need to be a member of pay pal - you just need to have a credit card.

Kevin - you can always post a cheque or money order to the IFPA to join - Snail mail is still effective and doesn't take very long - For me to send a package from Australia to the US usually takes about a week so I presume for a Canadian it is even quicker.

I think this is a the address to mail to:

IFPA
647 Fallon Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95050

You should include details of who you are and why you're sending the money.

Brad Kaplan wrote:
Is the IFPA prepared to do the additional fundraising? I know that the proposal says it is one of the necessities. Is the current team of officials the right ones for the upcoming tasks?

I believe so. I'm sure help would be appreciated when we get to that stage if you're offering though.

Finally just to update - all IFPA members should now have receieved an email letting you know about the vote to ratify the amendment. If you haven't recieved that email you should check your spam folders and update your email address at www.footbag.org and make sure your IFPA membership is valid. If you are an IFPA member you can find the vote here:

http://www.footbag.org/ifpa/vote/70
Steve Goldberg (brat)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy OWheel (owheelj) wrote:
Brad - You can join the ifpa via credit card.... snip .... Kevin - you can always post a cheque or money order...

Don't you guys see that this is the whole "overhead" issue I was discussing in my proposal, and that at this point it's just way too complicated to get money from Point A to Point B using the current scheme? Of course the problem doesn't go away but in my propsoal the idea is a "normal" IFPA membership can be done with a web-based tool by an administrator and not requiring a complex financial transaction.

Quote:
I think this is a the address to mail to:

If Kevin or anyone is intent on paying by check or money order, please use the online form and click the button that says, "Mail to USA" and follow the instructions there. This will make sure the proper information is on the request; don't just mail a check to the IFPA's mailing address -- be sure the print out the form that it gives you to print when you click "Mail to USA".

Quote:
You should include details of who you are and why you're sending the money.

No, please don't include anything but the sheet you're told to print when you click "Mail to USA". And the only payment accepted is either a U.S. check or an international money order.

Quote:
Brad Kaplan wrote:
Is the IFPA prepared to do the additional fundraising? I know that the proposal says it is one of the necessities. Is the current team of officials the right ones for the upcoming tasks?

I believe so. I'm sure help would be appreciated when we get to that stage if you're offering though.

That's just it, Brad never offers to help, he just offers to criticize. Smile Love ya, Brad.

Quote:
If you haven't recieved that email you should check your spam folders and update your email address at www.footbag.org and make sure your IFPA membership is valid.

To underscore -- this is a vote only for existing IFPA members. So, if you're not currently an IFPA member, please do not write in asking why you can't access the election form. Smile

And yes, please, all members (not just IFPA members) should be sure to keep their contact information up to date on their footbag.org member profile, for a variety of reasons. This is the best way for you to stay connected. To edit your profile, just visit http://www.footbag.org/members/editprofile or click "MEMBERS" on the menu.

Steve
Olli Savolainen (opa)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it!

Thanks for putting this all together. You already got my vote and full support for this.
Brad Kaplan (daydreaming)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Steve Goldberg (brat)"]That's just it, Brad never offers to help, he just offers to criticize. Smile Love ya, Brad.

I have been an IFPA member for 3 years. At Worlds '04 I paid to be a competitor with no intention of competing so that more cah-ching would go to the event. I also donated an additional $50 or so at the risk of pissing off my beloved wife. When CSS6 was sanctioned I actually made sure that everyone in the OPEN signed up for the IFPA; not that anyone would have notcied if I didn't follow through with that.
No, it's not much, but as one of the least active members of footbag (playing once or twice a year and hitting one tournament) I'd say I do okay compared to the vast majority of people you say don't do anything at all for the IFPA.

Don't count me out either, if there is a gung-ho rally to fundraise I just may join in the fun.

Oh, and this have been in the extremely lengthy explanation of the proposed change, but are their any plans to give financial support to IFPA sanctioned events?
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, so I've renewed for 2 years. Hopefully, it will go through in time to vote. Laughing
Kevin Xu (xulander)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile u know what? i'll join once i see a footbag event near or in Toronto.
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Xu (xulander) wrote:
Smile u know what? i'll join once i see a footbag event near or in Toronto.

How about ORGANIZING a footbag event near or in Toronto.
Bob Reifer has an excellent tutorial on event organization.

here: http://philly-footworks.com/EventOrganizer.htm[/url]
Tom Mosher (mosher)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kevin,

I organized a tourny in Toronto in February last year, I also organized a tourny in Kingston where I live now in October.

The Kingston event is called KICKASS (Kingston Invitational Circle Kicking and Shred Symposium) and we will be running it again this year in September, come!! (players of ALL levels are encouraged to come)

There are also a posse of shredders in TO and all of them are real nice and love footbag. You should hook up with them or come visit us in Kingston and play.
Kevin Xu (xulander)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kk, thanx guys.

yo mosher, email me when you're having an event, my email is xulander@gmail.com
Steve Goldberg (brat)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Xu (xulander) wrote:
yo mosher, email me when you're having an event, my email is xulander@gmail.com

Kevin, this is entirely off-topic, but ahem.. have you even tried looking on the event list on footbag.org? Have you set up your member profile to ask for e-mails when announcing footbag events? Please don't be lazy. And no further posts on this topic on this thread. We're talking about the new membership system as part of the mandated approval process by the current IFPA membership. You're not an IFPA member so you really don't have much business commenting on this thread. Go post on a newbie thread somewhere if you need help using footbag.org.
Kevin Xu (xulander)

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe... fine, i c how it is
Anssi Sundberg (ana_ali)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, only 96 votes were given.

Quote:
Do you accept and ratify the proposed amendment to the membership structure of the IFPA?
Yes -- I accept and ratify the proposed amendment to the membership structure of the IFPA.: 93
No -- I neither accept nor ratify the proposed amendment to the membership structure of the IFPA.: 3

Well looks like the most people liked the proposal Smile
Richard Rahl (eggshen)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how is the IFPA going to fund itself? Sponsors? But still even with sponsors doesn't a lot of money have to go for tourneys and events?
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Goldberg (brat) wrote:
You're not an IFPA member so you really don't have much business commenting on this thread. Go post on a newbie thread somewhere if you need help using footbag.org.

And you wonder why there are so few IFPA members???
Matthias Schmidt (amok)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd vote in favor of it, but where's the vote??? or has it already terminated, and I came to late 'cause I didn't have internet access at home until a week ago?

and has the ifpa membership structure been changed yet? i thought so when i saw i was listed as a lifetime member, but when i checked others' profiles i noticed that they had their membership expiring, though they paid every year in the past....

Quote:
(c) paid $20 or more at any point in the past: Tier 2 annual

does that make me a tier 2 member as i have been member since 2001 (which means i have paid more than 20$ total)? or would i have had to pay 20$ at once one year?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    footbag.org Forum Index -> General IFPA Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: