FOOTBAG WORLDWIDE : Forum :

footbag.org :: View topic - Open thankyou to European Footbag
footbag.org Forum Index footbag.org
The real footbag forum.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open thankyou to European Footbag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    footbag.org Forum Index -> The European Scene
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian Pritchard (chopper)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Open thankyou to European Footbag Reply with quote

Well im safely back in Aus now as of about 3 weeks now, the jetlag is long gone but the longing to be back in Europe is not and its a bit depressing to back here in many ways.

This is just a big, however belated, thankyou to everyone i met with, shredded with, partied with, travelled with and lived with during my travels in Europe this year. Its a thankyou for your kindness and generosity in welcoming me into your community as a foreigner, for assisting me in my journies to tournies this summer season, for welcoming me into your homes and apartments and letting me crash a few days(or a few too many, Max? ), for shouting me the odd beer (i hope i got to repay you all the kindness!) and for speaking English with me!

The Euro scene is such a brilliant thing. The people, the events, the level of play, the COMMUNITY is just incredible. Europe is the place now for footbag in all ways i think. The organisation of the sport in various countries, the friendly vibe, the parties, the laid back atmosphere and the friendships i see between the players regardless of skill, race, background, language... it has to be seen to be believed. You should ALL be very proud of presenting footbag the way i wish it was everywhere!

To everyone i didnt get to catchup with beyond our first meeting, i really regret this fact and also regret that i wasnt always able to travel everywhere to hangout with everyone, or to always make it to the places i said that i wanted to. Money and time are such crucial factors in a holiday like this, i wish it wasnt so but you know how it is!

I wont try to name all the people i want to thank especially, as im bound to forget someone along the way and i dont want to do that; i think you know who you are. I cant really describe just how good a time i had this year in meeting and shredding and partying and chilling with all of you, it was the best experience of my life and obviously it will never be forgotten! Cant wait to catch up with you all again, sometime, somehow, somewhere in the world.

The European footbag scene is the way of the future!

Now im heading back to the 43 degree summer heat here in Sydney, enjoy your winter!
Andrew Ronald (mongoose)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAPPY NEW YEAR! IAN

Poland and the Euros was a great time and I'm glad to be in Europe too. Take care and hopefully we'll see you back in Frankfurt this summer.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    footbag.org Forum Index -> The European Scene All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: