FOOTBAG WORLDWIDE : Forum :

footbag.org :: View topic - Baggers in the UK
footbag.org Forum Index footbag.org
The real footbag forum.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baggers in the UK
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    footbag.org Forum Index -> The European Scene
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick Davison (Patchshred)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Baggers in the UK Reply with quote

I was just wondering how many players are out there in the UK. Also what sort of standard are you and how well is the sport in your area? Very Happy
Daniel Whittle (FBDAN)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Baggers in UK Reply with quote

Hi,

I hav been playing for a bit over a month now so i am not very good, but i am currently practising every day so i hope to improve rapidly over my next year of the sport.

I live in the North East of England in Co.Durham and so far i know nobody else who footbags.
Matthew Nolan (elnolano)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Bedfordshire in the south East of England, and havent heard of anyone else around me who takes it seriously as a sport.

I don't think I'm really that good at all, but I've only recently started. I'm trying to nail the harder one add moves, mirages, legovers etc.....
Alan Reid (phenomen-AL)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im from scotland!

ive been playing around a month or so now. intensely for around 2weeks.
im of a basic standard although im beginning to pick up a few tricks now.

there is a small handful of my friends who footbag. weve been trying to meet up regularly to play together. footbag/hacky sack is virtually unheard of in scotland though!
Matt Christopher (resonance)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in London, 21 years old, and have been playing for around six months, although I've only started practising in earnest these past 4/5 weeks. I made this post in the open discussion forum regarding my take on the UK scene.

I'm at a very low level, of course, and shall try to work my way logically through the strata of freestyle moves. My stalls are good, I can kick over 100, and right now I'm improving the consistency of my clippers, legovers, and around-the-worlds.
Flavio Lötscher (footjam_heger)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any shredders from cambridge?
Andrew Ronald (mongoose)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all you UK baggers!

I know you are out there. Somewhere lol.

I just moved to London, I been here a month and I have been way too busy getting oriented, employed and financially stable to think about footbag. But once the holiday season is over I can put some energy into organising some get togethers. My plan is to get some regular gym time. My main love is net and i will be willing to teach anyone who wants to learn. But I also would like to have any freestylers to come as well. Bring your enthusiasm and your tunes and jam.

I will post here further when i have more time and info. Or if anyone is interested you can shoot me an email mongoose1441@yahoo.ca or drop me a line on my mobile 079 1094 0854

Hope to hear from you soon
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid the scene is still pretty dead, Andy - I've searched long and hard, but I only know of one other enthusiastic footbagger in London who's here the whole time... and we're both freestylers!

Still, I've grabbed your mobile and I'll drop you a text, I'll also e-mail you to let you know our sporadic jamming schedule/locations.
Alex Crowhurst (BinaryCrow)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!!

I'd just like to say a big hello and introduce myself!! I'm currently based in cambridge and have been playing footbag for a little while (about a year but not consistantly), I'd say I'm still at a very basic level but I'm aiming to spend a lot more time improving this year, so any advice would be great from fellow kickers would be great!!!

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andrew Ronald (mongoose)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: F.U.K. Reply with quote

Hello to all you footbaggers in the UK!!!

I have just created a new club here on footbag.org. Footbag UK. I hope that any and all active players will join now and we can get a sense of how many we are and how serious we want to be. I want this to be an umbrella type of club that will be able to support smaller clubs in towns outside of London. I want to have regularly scheduled sessions both indoors and out where freestyle and net will both be played. I want you to take advantage of my experience if you want to learn how to play net. I want to see at least one event to take place this year. If anyone is interested in helping to see this as a reality please join this club and lets make it happen.

Finsbury Park is close to me and is an excellent place to play. Hyde Park has been suggested as a more central and accessable location, great for exposure, but will they allow a net to be set up there? My friend Dave Ostry had a net club running here a few years ago but he moved out of town. He had a core group of players, are they still out there? Does anyone know of a gym with badminton courts that will let us rent time? I read an earlier suggestion of holding a summer tournament in one of the beach towns....sounds like a great idea. Does anyone live there? Can you start looking for a park we could use? A hotel or hostel for visitors? Sponsors?

Lets get this party started Very Happy
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got connections down south (eastbourne), we can either hire out a place called the saffrons, which is a sports club plenty of open space (they used to hold the frisby championships there) or we can use other parks in area that I know of.

If people are really up for the idea, I could also look into sponsorship as hopefully there will be a few local businesses that will want a bit of advertising interest.

I will also look into hotels, B&B's for visitors wanting to stay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andrew Ronald (mongoose)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great

I am looking at the events listings for open dates. What do you think of early to mid august?
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

August sounds good to me, Just have to research into when local the cricket season finishes and the footy season starts but I don't think it'll be a problem.

What I do need, are some bullet points on what we need for hosting an event.

So Andy if you can send me any ideas then I can get on the case and find out if we can get a venue and interested sponsorship.
Andrew Ronald (mongoose)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here is one possible place to look

http://www.footbag.org/groups/list/65

Also get in touch with Ali from Austria, he is on the EFC and will help with event organizing and support.

Otherwise email me directly and we can discuss options and strategies

mongoose1441@yahoo.ca

cheers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, my little club page represents the three active London footbaggers I currently know of - I consider this to be a definitive list, I've send out reams of e-mails to every member on this site who's in London.

www.footbag.org/clubs/show/1129494342

Add yourself to it, it's good to have a separate listing for London players, and I'll join the list you created as well.

You'd certainly be able to set up a portable net in Hyde Park - ball games such as cricket (although not full-scale) are commonly played and I seriously doubt there'd be any objections to sticking a couple of poles in the ground.

I was in contact with Dave Ostry and all those affiliated with him, but I'm sorry to say that everyone has either retired due to injury or moved out of town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    footbag.org Forum Index -> The European Scene All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: