FOOTBAG WORLDWIDE : Forum :

footbag.org :: View topic - general Europe/worlds info needed...
footbag.org Forum Index footbag.org
The real footbag forum.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

general Europe/worlds info needed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    footbag.org Forum Index -> The European Scene
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cory Current (cdcurrent)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: general Europe/worlds info needed... Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

I'm planning my trip for Worlds for myself and a friend, and I'm looking for some input from those that may know more than me.

We're planning on coming in by July 14th, and going to the European Champs in Poland, then going to Worlds the following week.

my questions:
roughly how much would a train pass (euro-rail??) cost for travelling around Europe the week between the European Champs & worlds?

Should we fly straight into Poland, or are there other cheaper places to fly into?

about How much will a flight from Poland to Helsinki cost?

anyone have ideas on what to do (or sites to see) during the week in between the tournaments?

That's it for now, I'm sure I'll have more questions later.
Thanks!
-Cory
Ben Cochrane (footbinc)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cory,

Generally I find flying to europe, going to a big hub is easiest, then grabbing some cheap ass regional (ryanair) flight. Its probably cheapest to fly to london, then grab a ryanair flight to wroclaw (they have flights for like 70 bucks, its insane), only shitty thing is, you gotta roll from Heathrow or Gatwick (london airports) up to stanstead (another london airport)

Ive been doing mad research on this (work is dull). Flying from Wroclaw to Helsinki, here is an example from Expedia:

C$498.07

12:30 pm Depart Wroclaw (WRO)
Arrive Helsinki (HEL) 5:30 pm Thu 21 Jul
Duration: 4hr 0mn SAS 3403 / 712
Connect in Copenhagen (Kastrup)

6:40 am Depart Helsinki (HEL)
Arrive Wroclaw (WRO) 12:05 pm Mon 1 Aug
Duration: 6hr 25mn SAS 6605 / 3402
Connect in Copenhagen (Kastrup)

$500 Canadian on SAS Airlines.

You can fly ryanair, www.ryanair.com which has some scary low prices, but they only fly in and out of smaller airports (stanstead in London, and the one in Finland is an hour away from helsinki). The train isnt bad for booting around, but getting to finland via train, could be a pain.

One thing we looked at was booting up to copenhagen or stockholm, then doing a cruise to FInalnd, They last like 20 hours or less and are pretty cheap, you can cehck that out here: www.silja.fi

As I find stuff out, ill pass along what I have discovered.

Hope it helps,

Ben
Ian Pritchard (chopper)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey hey

Im going to be in town for Euros and Worlds too (well, in Europe for much longer anyway) but i was going to say, im going to killing time between Euros and Worlds so im going to travel across Poland hopefully then up to Helsinki (probably fly for that part). Havent researched it much at all though. But there is plenty to see in Poland, ill be looking alot at WWII sites like Auschwitz and stuff.

The other option for you may be, a while back there was discussion of a footbag camp type deal in St Petersburg, Russia, in the week between Worlds and Euros, kind of so travellers could stop and chill there without having to like, go home or something. Not sure what the deal is though. Try modified.ca/footbag forum and look in the Journies to Tournies topic.

Look forward to meeting you there!
Andrew Ronald (mongoose)
IFPA Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheapest flight i was able to find into helsinki from ANYWHERE was on Germanwings on a flight from cologne/bonn for 111 euros plus taxes. I am going to Helsinki via Russia myself but I am on a Germanwings flight out of Helsinki into cologne that cost me 88 euros plus taxes. You can get from cologne to most places cheap including paris or london if thats where you are entering europe from. good luck everyone.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    footbag.org Forum Index -> The European Scene All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: