FOOTBAG WORLDWIDE : Forum :

footbag.org :: View topic - The Number of European Footbag Players
footbag.org Forum Index footbag.org
The real footbag forum.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Number of European Footbag Players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    footbag.org Forum Index -> The European Scene
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lauri Jaakkola (sniik)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: The Number of European Footbag Players Reply with quote

Hey all.
This is probably my first post here on .org forum, although I've been checking this more or less regularly since I started playing footbag. I just wanted to mention that after the changes (which imo are great) here, I'll probably start posting more here. Smile

So. There's been a lot of talk about footbag increasing its popularity in a huge scale here in Europe but I'd really like to know how many active players there really are.
I know I could have just checked the "Clubs" section to see how many there are registered but like said, I want to know how many active players there are and the rosters don't really tell it. For example, the Finnish Footbag Association has over 3000 members but I wouldn't say 50% of them are active.
As much as I like knowing almost every (freestyle) footbag player by name, or know someone who knows those I don't know Razz, I'd like to see footbag in such scale where I wouldn't be able to know everyone. This would mean footbag had become a big sport.

Okay, no matter you're a freestyler or a net player, give me your estimates about the size of your country's footbag scene. Or if you happen to know some other country's status well too, don't hesitate to post it. Oh, it would be great if you could give the numbers of freestyle and net players separately, just to see which is more popular. Wink

(A huge idea would be to collect a list of all the players with their names in alphabetical order - when that'll become impossible to update, footbag has finally become a major sport. I'll start here:)

FREESTYLE
Lauri Jaakkola, Finland
Post new topic   Reply to topic    footbag.org Forum Index -> The European Scene All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: